Yaay! We just had our first official meetup event. It was attended by five members. The topic of the event was the teardown of the Airbnb registration page. The official duration of the event was an hour but we went till nearly two and half hours. The image captures the agenda of the meeting and one of the wireframes created on the fly. Focus of this exercise was the mobile app. There were many interesting observations and recommendations:
- Airbnb mobile web registration page and mobile app registration page has different structure and aesthetics.
- Reducing three and a half line of terms of service sentence on the registration page to one line will reduce the cognitive overload.
- Airbnb has a staggered registration process on the mobile app. One of the suggestion was to reduce the registration page from current five to one or two.
- Removing permission for notification from registration process to future.
- “Continue with FB” button is shaded while the “Create account” button is not.
- Changing “Create account” text to “Continue with email” to be homogenous with the “Continue with FB” button.
- Phone connected on Wi-Fi has a different home screen as compared to the phone on ATT network. On Wi-Fi, the recommendations were personalized based on the location while on the ATT network recommendations were not.
- The images on the home screen should be clickable. Airbnb displays images of some residences. These images are on auto-scroll. These should be clickable and redirect to the residence page.
Onto the next event, Pokemon and AR monetization